AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let’s see your rig
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Rainman_210
Posted 7/29/2021 22:07 (#9137026 - in reply to #9134046)
Subject: RE: Let’s see your rig

SEWI
Rdlfarms - 7/28/2021 12:02

I know nothing about building computers, what are the copper pipes for. Also how did the crypto mining go. I have read and seen that it takes a lot of power and time.

The mining has been lucrative….($800+/month) I’m set up with a company online (NiceHash) that takes care of all the leg work….they essentially rent my computing power out on their network and I get a payment from them in Bitcoin every 4 hrs. Every 2 weeks or so I have been selling the Bitcoin through an exchange for usd and wiring to my bank account

You are correct on what you heard about power consumption….I have each of those towers on a separate 20amp breaker….roughly 1500w constant draw 24/7……paying 11.5 cent/kWh…..about $4/day in juice

I spend very little time maintaining….have had the rig run for over a week straight and I never touched the keyboard….sometimes windows will get ornery or a rig will shut down for one reason or another….then I have to reboot and away we go again…..it did take some time tuning the graphics cards to run optimally….for this I use msi afterburner which is an app that lets me control power settings and over clock speeds for each card…..interesting to me how some cards outperform others of same spec only difference being manufacturer, e.g, evga, msi, gigabyte, asus to name a few….I’ve also had to pay stupid eBay prices to get the graphics cards….so it will take a while (12+months) to recover those costs, but running 9 cards currently and I love them all almost equally

Edited by Rainman_210 7/29/2021 22:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)