AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Software for iTC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

booked
Posted 7/28/2021 20:58 (#9135023 - in reply to #9134454)
Subject: RE: New Software for iTC

southern Minnesota
superfordman - 7/28/2021 17:04

The only intention for this software fix is to make the receiver function with WAAS as they stated it would months ago, that's it.

Don't forget that 2-3 years ago, Trimble, AgLeader, and maybe other systems if memory serves me correctly, had to update all their receivers due to the gps time change over that occured. Deere receivers never had any issue with this and kept on rolling, so maybe they kicked the can down the road with something in the background software, maybe not. Given that the iTC is almost 20 years old and this is the first update they've had for it in the past 5+ years, it makes sense that they'd need to update something in the background to keep up with satellite changes, technology, etc. Good on Deere for coming out with a fix for it to make it function like they said it would, you don't see too many other companies still supporting and coming out with software for almost 20 year old hardware..

Thanks for your response superford
Yes i believe you might be right on an update a few years ago on outback.
I guess deere definatly marches to a different beat at least software wise. you would think that the teckno geeks that make deere's gps stuff would have known that trouble was coming for the waas segment of the old itc and would have warned the powers that be at deere's home office that there were problems just around the corner on the waas segment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)