AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Software for iTC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 7/28/2021 17:36 (#9134502 - in reply to #9133644)
Subject: RE: New Software for iTC

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
booked - 7/28/2021 07:38

gpsdude - 7/27/2021 10:38

booked - 7/27/2021 07:55

Now my open question to you torriem or anyone reading this. This spring my 2 outback systems an OLD s3 and a about 7 year old stx worked just fine without any updates to the satillite receiver??? So how can that be? How about anyone reading this and other brands were there updates needed to get up and going this spring????? Why is deere needing all these updates to keep going? Very confusing to me........

Thanks

Deere's SF1 is a proprietary signal that only JD GPS stuff can use. If the US government decided to change the broadcast frequency of the WAAS satellites, Outback and every other GPS company would have to come out with an update to continue use of them. Not all companies would dedicate the resources to updating 15 year old receivers.

Ok gps dude like i said this is all very confusing.

so are you saying because the old outback stuff worked just fine this spring that deere is lying to us and the update just fixes a poorly thought out itc system hack to support new sales that were not possible because of the labor and chip shortage.
Deere did tell us the old itc would fall back to waas for mapping but my experience says other wise.
Seems hard to believe deere would use a system for waas that would not be flexable to handle the governments minor changes to the waas system that older outback systems handled with out issue.

You are not reading the information that is out there. Your Outback's do not use SF1 as it is a Deere only signal. The US government announced planned changes in the GPS system that was going to affect Deere as well as others. Deere accepted that they were going to have to change their SF1 signal and the ITC hardware would no longer be compatible with the new SF1 signal due to planned changes in GPS broadcast signals. I am pretty sure Deere pushed this date back at least once as the government pushed this date back. If your Outbacks use L1 they are going to quite functioning as well, but that got pushed off until 2026 or so.

Lil Hoss nails it below. He works for a Deere dealer, I have no skin in that game. If I was a Deere GPS user, I would be much more pissed about them going to integrated receivers and displays that you can no longer move from machine to machine as they have always been. I have over 100 customers using Deere RTK on tile plows and scrapers. A majority upgraded to RTK strictly for drainage control. When they can no longer pop their receiver off a tractor or combine to put on the plow or scraper, it will be good for me selling stand alone RTK systems.

There is a lot of good reading here. https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)