AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid tase and smell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/26/2021 07:59 (#9130003 - in reply to #9129623)
Subject: zinc

Pittsburg, Kansas

I don't have any experience with covid and taste but I do have some experience in tastes changing.

When I went to a low carb diet over a fairly short time period my taste changed. Or at least I started liking tastes I never did before. I never liked liverworst, now we have it a couple times a week in an appetizer plate. Could not stand sardines now I eat them two or three times a week, often as an appetizer before a main meal. Never likes asparagus, now it tastes sweet and good. There is probably several more that I am forgetting. Don't know that this has anything to do with covid, I just thought it was interesting that a person's taste buds (or maybe the brains interpretation of them) can change.

Another anecdote: Does anyone remember Zicam? It was (maybe still is) a zinc based product that suppressed cold symptoms. It came in a few different forms and one my wife particularly liked was the gel on a swab that you stuck up your nose at first sign of a cold. She swore by them that they stopped her colds. Considering zinc helps with covid 19 and zinc deficiency is associated with worse outcomes of covid 19 that makes a lot of sense. But they took the Zicam swabs off the market because of some people had problems with some loss of taste and smell.

So somehow, it seems to me, zinc and corona virus are linked in this loss of taste thing. Zinc is one of the supplements recomended to be taken if a person gets covid (flccc.net protocols). Would it help to take it after covid??? 

I don't know. Just an association I thought about.

Edited by John Burns 7/26/2021 08:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)