AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven wheel speed sensor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/5/2021 05:35 (#9147261 - in reply to #9146908)
Subject: RE: Raven wheel speed sensor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Texasfarmer12 - 8/4/2021 21:02

I have checked that the raven is in SP1 and that there is 5v on 2 of the sockets. Does the module that reads the magnets ever go bad or is it most likely a small wire break in the cable?
Thanks

What is your speed cal number? It cannot be zero.

These sensors are very reliable although I have seen an occasional failure. I'd look over the sensor carefully for any evidence of cracks. An external crack would likely have caused a break in the internal circuit board.

There is a slight possibility of a problem with the magnets themselves although that seems unlikely. I had a system on a grain dryer once that used a similar setup with magnets. Turns out some work was done on the dryer and one of the magnets got split causing it to be read as two magnets at times. The fix was to replace the damaged magnet.

If I had your sensor in front of me, I would cut off the cable fairly close to the sensor and install a new connector and try it. If it works then the wire would be suspect. A continuity check of each of the wires in the cut off section should confirm the break. Then a new extension could be used with the old sensor.

The drawback to this approach is the time and effort to test the old sensor which may be bad anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)