AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meat consumption & heart disease study
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 7/23/2021 09:19 (#9124844 - in reply to #9124723)
Subject: RE: Meat consumption & heart disease study

Northern Alberta
I did not read that whole link (but may when time permits). I did read the first little bit where they talked about the affects of saturated fat and sodium and their affects on LDL and blood pressure. This is not news as it has been said for as long as i can remember. However, both cholesterol and blood pressure can be easily monitored (especially blood pressure) so if either starts to go sideways due to diet, it can be "nipped in the bud" as it were. Personally, I started on a mostly carnivore diet back in Feb where I STARTED eating bacon (as an example) and quit eating grains and veggies. I also quit drinking 1% milk (due to the high sugar content) and started drinking whipping cream instead (no sugar but 33-36% MF). To date I have lost 35 pounds and I no longer need to take meds for high blood pressure. First time in about 20 years. I still have to have my blood work done to see where i am at with my cholesterol. 3 month ago my cholesterol came back perfect, first time in my life of being tested for 20 years or so but I was still on cholesterol meds so I need to have my blood work done again soon to see where i am for 3 months without the meds. I am finding that most of what the "experts" have been saying for as long as i can remember about diet has been apparently wrong. If my blood work come back good, I will continue to eat mostly meat including the fat (for energy since i don't eat carbs or sugar) regardless of what any "stay" suggests if my blood work and blood pressure are good without meds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)