AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with yield monitor new holland 8.90(same as pro 700)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cprogers6468
Posted 7/21/2021 22:28 (#9122568)
Subject: Help with yield monitor new holland 8.90(same as pro 700)

I thought I was having major harvest loss issues but after checking repeatedly with grain cart scale and doing countless checks behind combine I've come to the conclusion my yield monitor is NOT calibrating correctly. I'm running a new holland 8.90 with a 42 foot stripper head. My yield map looks like a kindergartener with different markers painting streaks. No consistency. Speed changes. Heck even the direction I'm going changes it. I checked the offsets they are correctly and the head size is right. I'm not talking 5 bu swath to swath I'm talking 20bu difference sometimes more. The wheat is variable but not that this much. At most I've found directly behind the combine when the yield was registering the lowest was 15 seeds per Sq foot. Outside the width combine 5. It seems like it is not compensating for higher speed. My new holland tech thought the alternator but voltage is staying around 13.5 13.6. I had my calibrations last few times finally under 5%. It has been very very difficult to calibrate. It was a new machine last fall and it started out accurate but mid way thru fall harvest something went haywire during sunflower harvest and was doing the same thing. Again combine did phenomenal harvesting with minimal losses. Any help would be appreciated
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)