AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talk me out of it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johnypop
Posted 7/12/2021 20:42 (#9107031 - in reply to #9106535)
Subject: RE: Talk me out of it

ND

conservation cop - 7/12/2021 03:23

Had a power outage two weeks ago and my fridge hasn't worked right since. Once electric returned (was off for 24 hours) I started it back up it kept cold for about 3 day and then slowly the temperature started to rise. So I unplugged and let it defrost and sit for 3 days. Started it up and it held temperature for about 4 days and then slowly the temperature started to rise again. I unplugged it again and had a friend in the HVAC world come and take a look. So I plug it in for him and this time I can't get even get it to the point to set the temperature. We let it sit for a few minutes and it kicks on. The temperature setting and display is all screwed up though. Lights are flashing and I can't get it to display temperature settings. So the guy says that the mother board is probably fried. Everything mechanically seems fine. So a new mother board is $150 and looks pretty simple to replace, basically plug harnesses in a you're done. I think.........

Should I try this? Are there some pitfalls I should be aware of?

Go to a appliance repair shop if you have one, they should have lots of used parts, I am lucky there is one within 50 miles of me, people drop off appliances at night and they also get trade in 's from Lowes, they go thru them, if it is worth fixing they resell it , otherwise they salvage the parts. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)