AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Horse for kid?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

David
Posted 7/10/2021 07:04 (#9101989 - in reply to #9101495)
Subject: RE: Horse for kid?

I'll wade in here and probably go off the deep end. You sound like me - wound tighter than you know what. As a dad of 4 girls, I know where you are coming from. Mine are now 18, 16, 13, and 4. How I wish I would have not gotten so ticked off when my girls did something and instead got on the floor and laughed alongside them. Because I am OCD about things, I missed out on lots of fun and made their life harder. Did they have remorse? Likely but they are kids and their brains aren't wired like ours. I'm a few years older than you and have a few more bumps and bruises. My advice on that side is to step back, breathe, and look at it from their angle. Yes, talk to them and help them learn and hold them accountable. However, I made my children and they are much like me. Maybe I need to remember they are young.

As far as a horse. Get a dead broke horse but get a horse for them. I can't think of anything better than animals to help raise children. I have done a poor job finding a dead broke horse and my oldest wants nothing more than to ride. They can fall off just as easy at a riding school. They can break bones on a Honda. They can fall down the steps and get hurt. They are children. Let them get bruised. But, in my opinion, they need to see something that occurs when you look into the eyes of a horse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)