AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFDR, you probably do not want to watch this.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/7/2021 20:26 (#9098390 - in reply to #9098178)
Subject: RE: CFDR, you probably do not want to watch this.....

Pittsburg, Kansas
Getting back to the beans, and food in general, I like something the "Carb Addiction Doc" Robert Cywes said.

You eat vegetables for taste.

People don't drink beer because it is healthy. They like the taste and maybe how the alcohol makes them feel. A person does not eat pie and ice cream or a Snickers bar because they are healthy. Oh, then might try to justify it in their mind that the peanuts in the Snickers or the chocolate is somehow healthy, but they know deep down that they are not. I guess I am equating eating beans to drinking beer. Do it for taste, not particularly for health.

So as long as it does not give a person particularly bad health, eat anything a person wants and doesn't make them feel worse than the benefit of the enjoyment they get out of the food. At least to a point the it is then affecting their health in too much of a negative way.

I had my pie and ice cream and Snickers bars for way too many years. Now I'm diabetic. So now I don't eat certain foods because of it and because I do not want to deteriorate my health more than what it already is.

But for people in good health eating modest portions of the food they enjoy is part of modern live.

The important point to me is that we understand just what is and is not healthy eating and not fool ourselves into thinking we are eating healthy when we are not. And especially going out of our way to try and eat healthy when what we have been told is healthy is wrong.

I ride motorcycles and scuba dive, things that would be more safe if I didn't do them. But they are things I enjoy in life and I consider worth taking the risk. But I don't try to jump 20 cars on my motorcycle. That is too risky for me. Eating pie and ice cream is not particularly healthy. But doing it once a week for most people is not really much of a problem. But eating it every day twice a day is probably being risky with health.

It is all a matter of risk vs reward and what a person values in life. In my old age I've decided I better take care of what health I have left, so I look at things differently now than when I was 25.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)