AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keto diet results thank you John Burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/26/2021 18:31 (#9079465 - in reply to #9079380)
Subject: RE: Keto diet results thank you John Burns

Pittsburg, Kansas
You are welcome. Glad it works for you.

We had "meatza" tonight. Basically pizza without the crust. Stuff like that helps us with some variety in our meals. The way she likes to fix it now is hamburger crumbled and pan fried till brown, seasoned with Itallian seasoning. Then put it in a round or square cookie sheet with sides about an inch deep. Add toppings to this cooked ground beef (or any ground meat). Tonight we had sauce, shredded cheese, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and probably some stuff I am forgetting. Bake it in the oven till the cheese melts. Tastes like pizza but without the crust. Just spoon it out.

We also have a nightly low carb desert. Probably not the best idea but it seems to satisfy us. Tonight we had a very small slice of chocolate cheesecake (like regular cheesecake but with almost no sugar made with chocolate with almost no sugar) along with about a dozen toasted pecan halves and a dozen blueberries. Nothing huge or very sweet, but seems to be just enough to satisfy us where we don't feel like we are being deprived or missing out on all the pleasures of life.

Soda water flavored with a splash of lemon or lime has replaced conventional pop for our beverage choice. Tasted terrible when I first started drinking it. Now I look forward to it.

Pork rinds has replaced potato chips for us. I REALLY like a brand called Macs in their salt and pepper flavor.

Just some things we do to "change it up" from the standard fare to make meals a little more interesting.

Edited by John Burns 6/26/2021 18:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)