AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The MOST IMPORTANT thing right now... and it's NOT rain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ilbeanman256
Posted 6/12/2021 12:58 (#9055126 - in reply to #9055023)
Subject: RE: The MOST IMPORTANT thing right now... and it's NOT rain

I wish I did work for one of the checkoff groups--then I could help set them on a path of more wisely using the dollars they're given.

I respect most of the work they do, but a lot of their money would be better spent by trying to raise global demand for crops by helping other countries replicate the RFS within their own borders, rather than just trying to get them to import more US corn & beans. If you're not raising demand and just promoting US grain & beans over South American grain & beans, you're just rearranging the origin of supply, which will just get switched around again at some other destination.

To your other point, it's sad that you see ethanol as forced consumption. It's a no-brainer that ethanol incorporation in fuel has helped consumers, whether they know it or not. I know all the libertarian arguments, but they say nothing about the negative externalities involved with choosing gasoline over ethanol. I happily fill my tank up with as much ethanol as it will take, knowing that the lower particulate emissions help improve the air quality in my own neighborhood. I don't even have to rely on arguments about carbon reductions which many people are skeptical of in the first place, rightly or wrongly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)