AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 4 D
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bhrfarms
Posted 6/10/2021 21:56 (#9052506 - in reply to #9052255)
Subject: RE: 2 4 D

Northeast Indiana
Here is the label for Low Vol 4 (LV4):

CORN FIELD, SWEET AND POP
General restrictions
Field and pop:
Do not use treated crop as fodder for 7 days following application. The preharvest interval (PHI) is
7 days. Do not exceed a maximum of 6.3 pints per acre (3 lbs ae/A) per crop cycle.
Preplant or preemergence: Limited to one preplant or preemergence application per crop cycle.
Maximum of 2.1 pints per acre (1.0 lb ae/A) per application.
Postemergence: Limited to one postemergence application per crop cycle. Maximum of 1.05 pints
per acre (0.5 lb ae/A) per application.

Further down the label:

Postemergence-Apply LOW VOL 4 from emergence to tasseling. When spraying corn above 10
inches in height, use nozzle extensions ("corn drops"), directing the spray at base of the corn plant
to keep the spray off the leaves as much as possible.

I sprayed one load on 50 acres of corn at v2 last year and as soon as I was done I regretted it and stressed out over the next 2 weeks. It tangled it up a bit and made it lean and brittle. It looked pretty rough at first but came out of it. The corn that was sprayed ending up making 240 so I can't say for certain if it hurt the yield in the end, but I won't do it again without drops later in season as a rescue. Certain varieties are supposedly more susceptible along with certain weather making it worse.

Edited by Bhrfarms 6/10/2021 21:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)