AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 8410 getting slip from gps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/11/2021 05:46 (#9052748 - in reply to #9052211)
Subject: RE: John Deere 8410 getting slip from gps

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have done that with an 8310, 8120 and 8310R. First off your GPS must have a speed out branch. Some systems do, some don't. If your GPS does, then a cable can be purchased or made to connect the speed out branch to the location where a radar gun would be plugged in.

In my tractors this was a 3 pin metri-pak connector under the cab near the muffler which would use another loose cable to go to a real radar gun. On one of the tractors there were a couple of unused metri-pak connectors. Only one was the correct one for getting speed in.

My Ag Leader 6500s require typing in a special code to "turn on" the speed out signal. Normally this would be a one time deal The code does need to be reentered if the GPS has a firmware update as the system will default back to off. The special code may not be necessary with other brands of GPS.

I did need to go in and make some changes in the 8310R tractor system to get the Per Cent slip to be zero on a hard surface. After the install, I now have ground speed via the transmission, ground speed via radar (actually GPS) and Per Cent slip. I could plug other devices in also such as planter monitors, spray controllers etc. if the need should arise.

For example, on the 8310, pushing the speed key might show me transmission ground speed, pushing it again might show speed with a miniature picture of a radar gun which would be speed coming from the radar (GPS).

Edited by tedbear 6/11/2021 05:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)