AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

16 row/30 in mounted planter transport width
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Scott (OSU)
Posted 6/10/2021 19:16 (#9052175)
Subject: 16 row/30 in mounted planter transport width

Dalton, OH

Currently have a 16 row 1770nt pull type planter. Many years ago we had a mounted 6-row planter and loved it. I would really like to go to a 16 row mounted folding planter, but I haven’t found any that transport at less than 20 ft. I realize that would probably take an extra fold on each wing or some other configuration but I thought I would check if anybody knows of any companies out there that make one that transports at less than 20 ft (preferably 17 or less). I know transport width isn’t an issue for many places in the US, but my part of the country has many narrow roads, lots of mailboxes, and lots of traffic to deal with. Maybe there is a Euro company that makes something? My main reasoning for going back to a mounted planter is less headlands and better accuracy with guidance to make cultivating easier. We are all certified organic and have rolling terrain that the planter likes to trail off to the side a little making straight rows nearly impossible. Plant corn, soybeans, and sunflowers with our planter.

thanks for any help! 

(7EC7D0B9-B7B9-4480-A326-88DB2A4E56A6 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 7EC7D0B9-B7B9-4480-A326-88DB2A4E56A6 (full).jpeg (83KB - 38 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)