AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nutritional ketosis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/10/2021 18:24 (#9052066)
Subject: Nutritional ketosis

Pittsburg, Kansas
Dr Stephen Phinney, nutritional expert and researcher, with a 3 part series explaining the benefits (and dangers) of eating a nutritional ketogenic diet. This is part 1 of the 3 part series. It says there are 4 parts but there are no links to part 4 in the show notes and I could not find part 4 with a search. The other parts will come up automatically so I will not link them. They are also linked in the show notes below the video. The later presentations get into more of the science and research with a lot of charts and supporting information. Really good presentation about the science of a well formulated ketogenic diet.

Like almost everything, because I link to something does not mean I fully agree with everything said. I don't fully agree with him about fasting and muscle loss or about limiting protein (especially as we age). That is not asying he does not have good points, because he does. It just means I think there is more to the story that I have heard from other well researched doctors.

But all in all, an excellent presentation based on many years of research (much done by himself and Jeff Volik) and also clinical practice. He practices what he preaches, both in his clinic and personal life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1IEuhp8RFMU

Edited by John Burns 6/10/2021 19:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)