Posted 6/9/2021 18:15 (#9050335 - in reply to #9050041) Subject: RE: Head scab in wheat ?
Sanilac Co. Michigan
tigershark_Ky - 6/9/2021 14:14
Probably 3 weeks out from harvest assuming we get dry weather and some of the wheat is showing signs of head scab, was sprayed with caramba at 75% flowering. Weather has gone from good to bad. Seems like the last 2 weeks it’s been raining daily and long term forecast looks terrible chance of rain daily and temps going back into the 70s was hoping for the 90s. So far the scab doesn’t appear to have damaged the kernels yet but I’m sure it is early and I don’t know enough about it to know if anything can be done At this point. Humidity has been in the 90s% daily and wet wet wet . The straw that is being sold should almost cover my cost but was hoping to make something this year. Anyone been in similar situation
Well, it about sounds like you've done all you can do to prevent or reduce the potential problem. Guess if scab develops your next course is to turn the wind up on the combine and try to blow the light, shrunken infected kernels out in order to lower the level of infection in your sample.
Sometimes wheat can be a real trial, when it comes to holding on to quality.