AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field View (climate)/Pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 6/9/2021 10:34 (#9049774 - in reply to #9047821)
Subject: RE: Field View (climate)/Pro 700

roaming
FarmerRilo - 6/8/2021 07:47

So I'm running a Case 3230 (90' 5 section boom) sprayer this season and I haven't preformed any major updates to it this year yet. The last major update was a couple of years ago when I put Aim Command Flex onto the machine as well as Climate field view with my Ipad to help with mapping. This has been working great for the last couple of years, but this year it seems that the Pro 700 will read out a nice stable rate at 10.5 GPA. While on my Ipad the rate bobs all over the place at random spots in the fields.

I'm in some pretty hilly country so I would understand if that would be an issue, but I have sprayed some 80 acre fields about a week ago that look perfect in my field view maps and they weren't flat by any means. Is there something I'm missing? The Pro 700 is on v31 if that helps.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I could be wrong, but it sounds like the Pro 700 has "rate snapping" and the Climate doesn't. Rate snapping means that a constant rate is displayed to the user if the actual rate is within a certain percentage of the target. i.e. if the target is 10gpa and the rate snapping value is 5%, then anything between 9.50gpa and 10.50gpa (+/- 5% from the target) would be displayed as 10gpa. Neither display is "wrong"; they are each just displaying the data differently.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)