AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling breeding bulls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Brown Cow
Posted 6/7/2021 13:07 (#9046556)
Subject: Selling breeding bulls

SW Wisconsin
I was disappointed by the prices I got for a couple of nice young Jersey breeding bulls at the sale barn last week, does anybody have any suggestions on marketing them to get a better price?

2 registered Jersey bulls, 14 months old, well grown and in good condition, with excellent component and health genotype numbers. Nothing notable positive or negative for type, although 1 was out of an E-91 cow. I sent them to the dairy sale at Richland Cattle Center in Ithaca, WI with papers and genomic evaluations, with notable numbers highlighted. I didn't make it to the sale, so I don't know how they were presented, but I was really hoping for $1,000 each and got $550 and $675. If that's all the buyers at the sale were willing to pay it is what it is, but somebody got a heck of a steal on some really good bulls. I tried listing them on craigslist for a couple of weeks and got crickets. I've got more bulls to sell this fall, and will have a few every year for the foreseeable future. How can I get closer to what I think they're worth?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)