AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LA 200 ....Sterile Bull
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rod@night
Posted 6/2/2021 22:24 (#9039155)
Subject: LA 200 ....Sterile Bull

I had 10 late bred cows this year..Older cows, good shape....No reason for them to be late. Been thinking a lot about it and why this happened.

Took bulls to semen check yesterday.....Vet said they were all good....I told him my late cow concern and I wanted to know if the bulls were really good or just good. Very good he said. I went on to tell him I was concerned about some fescue and I did have a bull with pinkeye. He asked what I treated the bull with....La200....He shared that his experience was La200/300 would sterilize a bull for 30-45...said he was not taught this at vet college.

Remembering Last year had one pasture with 2 yearling bulls and one mature bull. Pulled the yearlings after 45 days....Around the same time the mature bull was showing signs of pinkeye. I treated him with 30 cc La200.....Cleaned up the eye quick....caught it early....Saved some $$ vs some of the more pricey antibiotics.

I have had 5 of the 10 late cows calve last 2 days.....Seems consistent with the Vets thinking.

Maybe I’m the only guy who didn’t already know this.....if not maybe saves someone from having some late cows.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)