AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the gps world continues to change
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 5/30/2021 18:39 (#9033841 - in reply to #9033792)
Subject: RE: the gps world continues to change

East Central, Nebraska
for starters its not going away. when i said it wasn't about us i was stating that these sats dont exist for the farmers, we just piggy back off of it. farmers are a drop in the bucket. what i was really trying to get across is just like when cell companies specifically verizon was trying to shut down 3g they found that its not all that easy when the emergency services that rely on it are factored in, this is similar with gps sats.

as for the trimble/cnh you mention i am unaware of a trimble device that is not usable at this time. i can turn on a 20+ year old ezguide gps and it tracks sats.

i could also go back to using markers if necessary though none of the other jobs of my planter would function without gps.

i assume you were referencing before that you had an itc that was shut off. someone found a work around for that to make it work again. the part that i feel as your failing to recognize is that they werent that amazing of a device new out of the box and these older devices are not going to perform better as time goes on and the next newest device will be better in some way. i wouldn't want it any other way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)