AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Missing contract weight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 5/28/2021 13:13 (#9029883 - in reply to #9029574)
Subject: RE: Missing contract weight

western iowa,by Denison
LKM - 5/28/2021 10:07

There is no way i would negotiate terms after the fact. Doesnt matter if it were verbal or chiseled in stone, a deal is a deal. 8 c slide is what it is no matter 1 or 200 lb over

The 25 lb weight stop is much more common in iowa than about anywhere else in the country from my experience selling feeder cattle. Unless the cattle were check weighed right before shipping, i wont do that -- most dont have the ability to accurately check weigh the load.

Set the slide near the cost of gain and roll on.

It all depends on the particulars, if you sold the cattle at 800 x 1.30 and they came in at 900 x 1.22 then the buyer paid you 58c per lb for the additional gain which is prob half of what it cost in the feedlot so your already selling a bargain.

A buyer or seller that tries to negotiate after the fact, unless extreme circumstance... you dont need their business anyhow.

We Iowa cattle feeders have been educated by outa stators- I like them relocator feeder guys!
Ever notice that the 6wt cattle generally weigh 699# on them professional order buyers sheets?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)