AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oh MY! Box Beef down!-$0.43 on choice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 5/28/2021 04:57 (#9029015 - in reply to #9028593)
Subject: RE: Oh MY! Box Beef down!-$0.43 on choice

SE Manitoba
Big Ben - 5/27/2021 20:29

dabeegmon - 5/27/2021 10:37

AA6145r - 5/27/2021 08:03

Could you elaborate on the wesk spots on the dion? We just bought a new one last year. Love it so far

Dion corn header - - - no comment.

Dion chopper - - - - Gehl technology.
Some serious issues (read very very expensive!!!!)
Their non-row specific corn header may make the machine usable but - - - - - I'd not be gambling that way!!!!!!!!!!!
The hay header is (basically) crap - - - - the across the intake auger means that any serious amount of intake put large stresses on the drive for the front end.
(Fix that by cutting out the flighting infrom of the intake and install feeder fingers - - - - - see your combine for the idea.)
(I found I couldn't keep the drive running for more than 8 hours even when using top end industrial chain - - - - ag chain would last maybe a couple hours!)
The feed roll drive system is very light and not so easy to beef up!
The main gearbox is a gutless wonder!
My machine (Gehl) had a sticker on it that it was warrantied for 300 Hp input.
DON'T do that if you've got a great crop you're chopping. (I wasn't even at that for rated horsepower and I labeled the chopper as a total pos.)
Gehl's warranty investigator told me that all that was actually warrantied was the u-joints - - - - go figure.
If you look in a copy of the 'Machinery's Handbook' you will find that the gear box would be better labeled - - - -"good for 150 Hp" which is sure not how they sold the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The spinner for moving crop from the cutter head to the blower is sweet and is to be commended for the power draw reduction that results.

The biggest issue out there is that neither NH nor mamma Deere are still selling 'new' chopper so if you want a pull-type - - - - its Dionne or JF (that's another very light duty machine!).
Seems like the farm equipment corps need to make mega $$$$$$$$ on each sale - - - - I don't think they remember what customer service is anymore either.
Leaves especially the guy that doesn't crop 3000+ acres in the crapper

John Deere tried fingers in the auger of a silage pickup head. Bad idea, don’t do that.

Interesting - - - - -from how it worked for me auger all the way across just destroyed the front drive due to the power requirements in heavy windrow work.

New Holland choppers had the feeder fingers.

The pics from StanRedRider show feeder fingers in 2 out of 3 headers.

Edited by dabeegmon 5/28/2021 05:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)