AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Must be a Neb thing. Anyone’s cousin Eddy??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 5/25/2021 10:55 (#9023901 - in reply to #9023382)
Subject: RE: Must be a Neb thing. Anyone’s cousin Eddy??

Missouri

paul the original - 5/24/2021 23:18 So is that about 70 cents a day per head to feed them? Always thought it was 45 cents a day, but time moves on and stuff changes. Or, $142 an acre for I would guess dry land that doesn’t grow a whole lot anyhow from my MN perspective? Paul

Unless I'm totally lost in this Nebraska math, you'd be paying $425/pair for 150 days, unless the grass runs out, then it's fewer days. I suppose it is open ended and could go for more than 150 days if there is still grass?? $425/150 = $2.83/pair/day. On top of that, he can only house 10 cows so you're doubling your bull cost on a per cow basis and in some cases you're tripling it. He also doesn't mention what he's going to charge you for your bull to eat his grass for 60-90 days. After reading the add, I can't imagine it'll be free.

Apparently, he doesn't like people who like to drink beer and look at their 10 cows on the weekend either. He wants you to pay him to look at your 10 cows all by himself. Perhaps he should just buy some, because he'd have to pay me to look at mine after reading that add.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)