AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My New Project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 4/20/2018 21:47 (#6722015)
Subject: My New Project

Texas
A few weeks ago, I found out that Dad had decided to sell his 1972 C10 Cheyenne Chevy Pickup. He had owned it for almost a decade, and while it is not my favorite classic vehicle, I had some good memories with it as well as a fair amount of sentimentality. I told Dad that he should keep it and that he was making a big mistake multiple times until he told me it was none of my business. While I was disappointed with Dad’s decision, after overhearing him say that he needed to wash it up for the auction, I softened up a little and decided to wash it for him, partly as a way to be nice, and partly as a way to say goodbye to the C10. Later, after my weekend schedule fell apart, I softened up further and offered to help him with the driving when he hauled it to the auction.

A few days later while watching the auction online and waiting nervously for Dad’s pickup to sell; we started looking at some of the other consignments. Dad found a cute piece of scrap metal and recommended it would work well for a display idea I have. Dad was registered to bid online and offered to bid on it for me. After getting that item purchased, we started looking at other items that we could purchase to cheapen the freight. We noticed a car that Dad thought might sell cheap and make a fun restoration project. It was going to be selling in a couple of minutes, so I rapidly searched to see what the value of it was. Just as it came up for bidding, our online audio feed failed, but we had a picture of the vehicle so what other info could we need? We purchased it for what we thought was a very good price!

Later that week when Dad picked up the items, we found out some of what the failed audio caused us to miss. Minor stuff like the fact that it lacked an engine, transmission, title, and several other components.

After Dad hauled the partial 1955 Pontiac Chieftain home, we started to dismantle it. I told Dad that I thought the car had a proud look due to its substantial amount of chrome, stance, and classic styling. I am also sure that it has a few secrets I would rather it not divulge. It has given a few clues though, such as the moldy remnants of a previous registration that show it was registered to someone named “Bundy” and the meat cleaver that was hidden under the passenger seat.

So, “Chieftain” may be a bit more than I bargained for, but I am sure that it will an interesting project!

Picture 1: Unloading Chieftain.
Picture 2: The Meat Cleaver.

(fullsizeoutput_bad (full).jpeg)

(IMG_2598 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fullsizeoutput_bad (full).jpeg (148KB - 240 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2598 (full).JPG (78KB - 224 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)