AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diesel pickups up north?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 12/28/2009 09:55 (#989924 - in reply to #989899)
Subject: Re: Diesel pickups up north?

Aberdeen MS
Right now....road conditions are poor. There was a bunch of ground drifting over night. Wife came back from going to work, but the plows should be out by now.

I'm 15 miles from Hector. Everything was open after the holiday mess by Sat afternoon. It's spose to be sunny today but temps coming down to around zero overnight tonight.

Up through the metro area and west on 212 would be a good route to follow. Probably one of the best. 212 to Hector will be about half divided 4 land and half 2 lane, but a heavily traveled road.

Catch your fuel at major truck stops, don't be concerned about the cheapest price this time of year. A $5 bill goes a long long way up here in the winter. Not really any fuel stops from the metro to Hector, so be full at anything south of the metro.

Right across the street from Loftness is a fuel stop that runs quite a few gallons through. It's owned by my local coop.

I used to run X country for 14 yrs across all 48 and did quite a bit local from here to the metro for a number of years in the winter.

507-241-7770 is my cell if you run into any problems once you hit the metro area west.

Bruce
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)