AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need to gain weight. Harvest foods
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/5/2022 10:58 (#9830245 - in reply to #9830012)
Subject: RE: I need to gain weight. Harvest foods

Pittsburg, Kansas
That is a good point.............is he really under weight?

When my wife and I changed diets three years and change ago I was around 265-275. I thought if I could get down to 225 that would be great. 215 even better but I would be super happy at 225. Once I started loosing (and got off insulin injections and diabetic medicines) and changed what I was eating the weight just kept falling off. To the point I was kind of getting worried. I hit a low of 160 and a fraction of a pound. Then it stabilized and I actually gained a few pounds so I hovered around 165. Three years later I'm still at 165-170. I lost a bunch after my motorcycle accident but have since gained it back and my body seems to like that 165-170 range.

When I first lost so much I would have people comment. Close friends might say I looked too thin. I suspect some may have thought I had cancer or something. But I calculated my BMI and as I recall (been a while) it came out to 22.5 which is right in the middle of the range (BMI is a rather poor measurement of health, but it is something rather than nothing as far as a guidline. I have heard waist circumference compared to height is a better indicator). Once people got used to my new weight and looks it is no longer an issue.

But if a person is used to looking at fat people, a normal sized person looks too skinny. Look at the old photographs of miners or workers from back a few generations ago. Out of 30 guys in the picture might be one fat one. The rest looked malnourished by todays standard. They were actually just at a healthy weight.

Edited by John Burns 9/5/2022 10:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)