AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iron workers in your shop.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 12/23/2009 13:31 (#981719 - in reply to #981672)
Subject: RE: Iron workers in your shop.

North Central Iowa

I've got a MetalMuncher with a 4 foot break attachment on the front (punch end) and a separate bar, angle, and notcher shear on the back (all one machine, but 2 different hydraulic cylinders).  I work mostly by myself, so it's not a big issue, but I like the design better because there's a lot more room on the break/punch end than on the machines with one cylinder.  If I could only keep one machine in the shop, I'd probably choose the ironworker (actually if the welder is included, it would have to come first because I can do a lot of the ironworker jobs other ways, just not as nice or fast). 

Personally, I think that the Piranha machines are over-rated for what they are.  At almost every sale I've been to they go really high, but they aren't the nicest design in my opinion although they are stout.  I talked to a machinery dealer at the last sale I went to that sells several different brands new and also deals in used and he mentioned the same thing.  He couldn't understand why they command such a premium used compared to the other machines.  His experience with other machines was a lot more extensive than mine, but I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one that thought so.

Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)