AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steep hillside + spring and fall work PICS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NIF
Posted 12/22/2009 17:50 (#980221)
Subject: Steep hillside + spring and fall work PICS

Northern Idaho
Here are the rest of my pics of spring and fall work with a couple miscellaneous ones from burning grass fields thrown in. Tractors used are caterpillar D6B, D6C, and D4D and Massey Ferguson 275 and 1155. There are a variety of pics make sure to read the caption just above the pics on some of them for a brief explanation. If anyone has any questions about farming practices, equipment or anything feel free to ask.

Here is the link to the thread which has my hillside harvest pics plus links to two other groups of pictures.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=136210&mid=964...

First ones are rolling wheat stubble after harvest to flatten it so the chisel plow will do a better job, some people heavy harrow but we roll instead.

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

the old 6 bottom plow not used for much except firebreaks anymore

Tinypic

Burning dried up grass. I do not think that burning fields is a good thing unless it is grass. Bluegrass growers need burning but I am strongly against burning wheat stubble and feel that even moldboard plowing is better for the soil than burning and no-tilling into the burnt ground.

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

swathed bluegrass in the background

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

moldboard plowing dry one year right after harvest to kill quack grass.

Tinypic

stopped by an incoming storm

Tinypic

Tinypic

Tinypic

I am not a big fan of driving by GPS as I have always taken pride in driving straight and having small overlap by hand, I admit it does help with 60ft when its hard to see the foam.

Tinypic

I generally dont stop the sprayer to take a picture but I was only spraying portions of this field and had to stop to check for weed patches.

Tinypic

enjoy! question/comments are welcome as usual
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)