AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How is Appel truck sales in Galva Ill to deal with?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kansas cat
Posted 12/16/2009 22:52 (#970808 - in reply to #969356)
Subject: Re: How is Appel truck sales in Galva Ill to deal with?

Well, i could not leave this alone as i hate liars and misinformed people spouting off like they actually know what they are talking about..so..
I am the nimnut that pushcat referrs to who had the misfortune of dealing with appells in galva il. First let me intoduce myself. I own and operate a excavation business. Have for a few years now. I farm and have been raised on and around machinery of all types since i was born. My uncle has been in the dirt business for 59 years now and i started out working for him back when. I do ALL my own repairs on all my heavy equipment. Everything from engine rebuilds to final drives and hydraulic cyls and pumps etc. I dont have experience with 3208 cat engines untill now however.
Now for the facts and how they compare to pushcats dribble.

"the nimnut in question purchased said piece of machinery sight unseen, without bothering to go and at the very least hear the machine run, let alone operate it".....This is true. it would have meant shutting down a job that we were working on during a very rare period of dry weather so i could make the 1200 mile round trip to go look at it, and i needed the machine asap for another job that was waiting to start on. I made the mistake of telling the salesman Larry Heil,,,their main one of many years i was informed...all this and i even told him if i was going to deal with them i would have to rely on their honest examination and report on its condition. I also specified exactly what close up pics i required of specific areas and how i wanted the machine manuvered to test the nexk bushings for tightnes. They did all of thos and reported back with all the pics that and i quote " this machine appears to be in work ready condition and they are confident i will be satisfied with it upon its arrival." My you tube video shows the horrid condition the engine was in upon its arrival and i called them the next morning first thing. They have yet to call me back regarding the matter. Many emails and calls later nothing but silence.

"then proceeded to pay the entire amount without signing a single piece of paper stating anything about the condition of the machine,"... I sent them certified funds as they required, and again foolishly assumed i was dealing with a reputable company that would send me a paid reciept and some form of bill of sale in the mail. Nothing yet after 2 months.

"all the while believing a salesman who's only contact with the machine is what he was told by whoever he got the machine from in the first place" .....This is not correct. They have owned this machine for a year and a half and i was told it had recently been out on lease to their county road dept and was in fine shape. They bought the machine at a richies bros auction for $11000. This can be verified on the richies auction web site by the machines serial number. They knew this machine well enough to tell me they knew it was a good machine. If they had said we just bought it at auction and have never run it, i would have been a bit more concerned.

"Then, after unloading the machine off the truck, immediately assumes the motor is junk after driving it up and down his driveway, very likely without bringing the machine up to operating temperature, and surely without actually doing what the machine is designed to do, scrape dirt" ....This to is incorrect. I had concerns that something was not right with the engine as soon as their driver fired it up to unload...which was well after dark and in the rain. The next morning first light i went out and ran it for about 30 mins..so it was at operating temp. Again, try to remember this aint my first rodeo as far as engines and machinery...only been living with and on them for 25+ years now. As for actua;lly doing what it was meant to do, only a fricken idiot would have attempted to. The thing was blowing oil out of everywhere oil could come out of from the front and rear seals to the exhaust pipe...in streams as my you tube vids clearly show. It would have ran its self out of oil in less then a hour i have no doubts as it went thru almost a gallon just sitting still in 30 mins run time.

" Now he starts tearing the engine down, asking for help and advise along the way, because he obviously has no clue what he is doing, typical shade-tree mechanic" ... Only a idiot would not ask for info and advice when forced into a situation like i was put in. I have rebuilt many engines thru the years, including john deere diesels, and many gas car and truck engines and other gas tractor and industrial engines, but having never been into a 3208 Cat and needing to get into it and see what i in fact had bought while waiting on the service manuals to arrive i asked for and got info and advice from the greatest bunch of gear heads on the net...the acme site is tops when its cat related. You did get one part in that statement right pushcat...i do often work in the shade of a big ole elm tree out in the yard, and sometimes i fixem out in the field where they break, and sometimes i work on stuff in my 35 X 140 shop if there is room to get into it.

"All the while pissing and moaning about how bad he was screwed. " ...Yep, i spose that one is right. I work dang hard for my money and have a family that depends on me to do just that. Appells robbed me of most of what i had saved up this past year. $16000.00 to be exact. I think most people...other then you, wold have been kinda pi$$y if they got hit that hard.

"Lesson to be learned: if you are interested in something they have, go look at it. If you don't know what you're looking at, take someone who does. Don't advertise all over the internet what an idiot you are just because you have a few internet friends who are just as ignorant as you are."... I have purchased several pieces of heavy equipment over the internet over the years. Dozers Loader backhoes semi trucks trackloaders etc. Appells has the privelidge of being the first one to blatanly misrepresent a big ticket item to me in such a huge way. Sure, some of the other items had little things that maybe could or should have been mentioned by the sellers, but not anything as obvious as the engine was in this 613C Cat. My 9 year old said soon ads we fired it up that first morning..."Hey dad, its spraying oil out everywhere" Did i mention he is only 9...was 8 back 2 months ago, and he knew the engine had probs, but their ace salesman did not notice anything wrong while running it thru all its cycles and testing the neck bushings etc for me? Yeah right.
Probably the dumbest thing youve said was to call the people on the acme Bulliten board....my friends... ignorant. There is more knowlege and experience there then you have or ever will have ole boy. You owe them a appology, but im sure your to narrow minded and bitter a person to offer it to them...or me after having one by one shown how wrong most of what you said here actually was.

Ok, there ya all go, now you have the actual facts regarding the 613 engine from appells. If any of you want to see the videos of it running, feel free. go to you tube and search kansascat321 Then you can see the 2 videos i made showing the engine and its problems upon delivery to me from them. Lets se what you guys here think about it. Maybe pushcats not as ignorant as his posts here make him appear. And pushcat, if your who i think you are...playing on your daddy's ole HD21 when you were 12 dont make saying youve been in the dirt business 50 years any kind of true...but maybe your a different pushcat then im thinking of, cus he's a masonry contractor and the only dirt machine he has or had a while back was a off breed asv rubber track skid loader.
Good day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)