AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

chevy 8.1 w/allison
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 12/10/2009 09:23 (#958829 - in reply to #958725)
Subject: RE: chevy 8.1 w/allison

Saronville NE
Ive got a 01 2500HD with the 8.1 and allison, bought it a little over a yr ago with a little over 120k miles, it has 147k right now, absoulutely love it. The milage is as good and better than a 6.0 and you will actually be able to pull, and they have lots of power so they will haul a$$ to. I helped neighbor haul cows a week ago, he has a 6.0 and had a 22ft trailer, and I had a 20 ft trailer, he had 1 more cow then I did, you had to totally floor it to get it to move away from the chute, I could just ease into mine and it would just roll away from the chute, there is no comparision between a 6.0 and 8.1, stupidest thing GM ever did was dump the 8.1. I get good milage outa mine too, around the farm 10, long distance highway 11.5-13, and its got a fatbed on it, with air compressor and CPL toolboxes and such, so lots of extra weight and wind restriction and still gets decent milage. Haulin cattle with it, it will keep up with my 08 Dodge Cummins, now our hay trailer is a different story, the Dodge will walk away from it, but its 30 ft and haul 14 bales and gross 36k-40k lbs most all the time. I would buy another in a heartbeat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)