AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kitchen Stove
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Beerslayer
Posted 12/20/2021 12:30 (#9388055 - in reply to #9360797)
Subject: RE: Kitchen Stove

We're using a 30" GE propane convection oven in the new kitchen and it works great. The space is built for a 48" American Range that has been on order for months. That one will have some bigger burners which will be nice.

I'd originally wanted to put in a commercial range but found out that they have some pretty big disadvangates:

1. Pilot or manual light burners. We don't want a pilot light burning all the time.

2. They aren't insulated for zero clearance from combustibles and can burn your house down;;;;

3. Commercial range will likely invalidate your fire insurance when they burn your house down;;;

4. Cannot get a building permit to install one because of the clearance/fire issue.

I thought about trying to make the area fire-resistant with cement backer board and air spaces but it just wasn't practical. Oh, another issue is range size and makeup air. I know some people use commercial ranges in their home kitchens and don't burn their house down and I would tend to be that guy but eventually chickened out and ordered one that is safe.

Here's the 30" version of the American Range made in USA
https://www.appliancesconnection.com/american-range-arr530.html

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)