AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Micronutrient ??'s & Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

blue collar
Posted 11/1/2009 09:10 (#909316 - in reply to #908622)
Subject: Re: More Micronutrient ??'s & Ideas

Manitoba
Gerald, I have one question for your foliar application reccomendation. I started the thread below about dry vs. liquid zinc, and our agronomist is saying granular zinc in furrow on pretty well every acre. that is going to cost a bundle of money. tissue tests and foliar would be my prefered way to go but one problem exists. we are in a drier area and don't always need to apply fungicide. our only in crop applicatoin with the sprayer is at herbicide time and our wheat might only be in the 3-4 leaf stage, seeded on 12 inch spacing with a 1/2 to 3/4" spread. very low seed bed utilization so how much of this foliar zinc that is blended with herbicide will actually hit the crop and how much hits the dirt. the stuff that hits the dirt is pretty much useless to me since zinc is not very mobile as I understand and will not go into the soil profile for the plant to access. If it means an extra pass with the sprayer after herbicide then I may as well spend the money on granular in furrow and save a pile of time on the sprayer. your thoughts?? also there is liquid zinc and water soluble zinc. does the water soluble dissolve in 28-0-0 and does it stay dissolved or will it settle out over night if there's product left in the liquid cart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)