AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using a PTO Pump on a NV4500 to move farm implements with my F-450.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MJD02
Posted 5/1/2020 14:25 (#8229032 - in reply to #8228650)
Subject: RE: Using a PTO Pump on a NV4500 to move farm implements with my F-450.

West River, SD
Olddeeres4ever - 5/1/2020 09:50

Who is installing all of these ptos that end up dragging by the hoses? I have installed many and never had them come loose. I used to haul crude oil the (I hate to use the term mechanics) that did maintence and outfitting of the trucks were brain dead. One truck the pto would not disengage when switched off. I asked them if they had the backlash set right. They asked me what is backlash? Told me I didn't know $hit because I hadn't been thru mecheck school was just a dumb farmer. Two month later the 2050 ftlbs roadranger exploded when another driver was driving that truck the pto gears were blue from overheating. The wrenchbenders didn't know there are different thickness of gaskets and that you stack them to get proper backlash. Setting dial indicator up under truck kinda sucks its a PITA. When locktite and or tabs are used i have never had pto come loose or leak. If set up with improper backlash and no stud or bolt locking I could see it being a problem. When gears warm up they grow affecting backlash so they MUST be a little bit loose rather than too tight. Pto when set up and installed are much more reliable than electric hydraulic pumps. Proper installation and attention to detail is critical on ptos. Similar to putting electric pump on and leaving bolts loose missing insulation leaking hoses ect. Some of these wrenchbenders I don't trust to change a light bulb. If they tried to pour Pizz out of a boot they would end up with yellow shoes. They would install new rope seals in pumps dry. They would smoke when loading truck. I asked them why they didn't soak the rope to lube it and swell it so it could be installed properly. They replied too messy and it makes no difference..... Go figure.

I believe that you misunderstood
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)