AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using a PTO Pump on a NV4500 to move farm implements with my F-450.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Stamme Farms
Posted 4/30/2020 07:45 (#8226286)
Subject: Using a PTO Pump on a NV4500 to move farm implements with my F-450.

Hello. I have a 2005 F-450 with a 12v NV4500 swap. I've found someone selling a PTO Pump from another NV4500 equipt truck. My question is, has anyone used the PTO on a truck like this, newer or older, ran hoses with couplers and used it to move farm implements? It may sound silly and I understand the work involved, but like this scenario for instance. I have a 25' International 490 Disc parked at a satellite farm about 10 miles from my main farm. It would be very convenient to just run my truck down there, plug the hydraulics in and raise that disc into transport position, lock it up, and pull it home rathervthan taking an hour and a half going to get it in a tractor. Is this possible, are these PTO pumps capable of such work. Obviously a semi trucks PTO pump can lift capacities of over 40k lbs worth of grain into the sky. I also realize this is not a semi truck more it is more that capable of moving farm equipment if the pump is capable of getting it off the ground. Thanks in advance for your answers, I appreciate it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)