AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Show us some pictures of your snow drifts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/26/2019 05:49 (#7345176 - in reply to #7344959)
Subject: RE: 2015 Mack

central - east central Minnesota -

TD15 - 2/25/2019 22:31 We have a Granite for a plow truck and I have yet to figure out how to keep the windshield clean. Can't run cold because it frost's up when I run it warm I have to get out and clean the ice off the wipers. 

What year ?
Start by closing all vents, except the one by each door - close then half way or so. Get a fan like I posted, then run heat on high and full defrost, you'll have to crack your drivers window, or it could heat you out of the cab. It'll mostly keep up with iced wipers. New wipers each season and keep then oiled with wiper silicone, if in gravel roads, may have to change to new wipers during the season, if used allot, like this season. Get a long handled ice scraper to bang on the wiper blade and break the ice on the lower cowling of the hood.

We have a new Mack coming end of month - it's supposed to have heated wiper blades, in addition to heated park area of wipers in windshield  (current Mack has that). I'm thinking of trying engine anti-freeze in the windshield reservoir for more help deicing ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)