AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Show us some pictures of your snow drifts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/25/2019 17:35 (#7344128 - in reply to #7342426)
Subject: RE: 2015 Mack

central - east central Minnesota -

Ken - 2/24/2019 20:47 Do you have trouble keeping your windshield cold in your Mack? I drive 2013 Mack and unless it's 10 degrees or colder I have to run my defroster all the time just can't keep the windshield cold, I think that the way the hood is made it just blows the warm air from the engine up on the windshield. We went out for about 3 hrs on Sat to sand otherwise didn't work today too windy to do any good 

It's a 2015 Granite, single axle. Never had any luck running cold windshield. I think you are correct, too much warm air exiting hood to windshield. This one has Heated lower windshield and with the defrost on high/hot, it keeps it deiced and melted off. Not too often do you need to get out and use the ice scraper on the lower wiper parking area. Yes, it's very hot in the upper cab - I installed one of the old fashion cab fan's on the back wall, blowing forward. It really helps with keeping the driver cooler (run in shirt/pants only - take jackets off while in cab). It also keeps more hot air on the windshield to help with melting.

RoadPro Heavy Duty Metal Fan

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)