AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

contract hog finisher or contract broiler house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

96n
Posted 12/17/2018 15:32 (#7177881 - in reply to #7175843)
Subject: RE: contract hog finisher or contract broiler house

Arkansas
Know nothing about contract hog operations....i say most on here have no clue about contract broiler operations either, just what they heard on a documentary on CNN! Degree in mechanical/general engineering and worked in industry for 12 years. Hated going to work 9-5 and acting like I care!! Raised on cow/calf farm and came back and built broiler houses 4 years ago, 8 houses...210k birds every 9 weeks and love it. Do you make more money some flocks than others? You bet...save your money! Just like any other farming! They will cash flow....not them, a new house, brand new tractors, wife a new car every year, you a new bale bed truck to feed your 6hd herd etc.....ive never missed a bday party,funeral or anything like that (never the desire to go to a wedding)...thats just crazy, I guess the situation could come up but man it would be extreme! Now from what I have seen this greatly depends on your integrator and location, my advice would be to talk to people in your area and only to people that are growing for your intended integrator...feel them out! Good Luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)