AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprunk, heres some pics of bulls......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/17/2018 07:41 (#7177061 - in reply to #7174714)
Subject: RE: Sprunk, heres some pics of bulls......

Traveler - 12/16/2018 07:49

Nice looking bulls. Did I read before they are going on heifers? If so do you plan on just using them a couple years before they get too big? I’ve used 3 year old bulls on heifers that weighed a little over a ton before but it made me nervous but when all said and done they did a better job than yearlings would usually do. Just curious what you’ve found

Yes I will run these bulls on heifers this spring. Then we will see how calving goes, before they go on next set of heifers. After that if we like the calves I then will run them on a private herd I keep for replacement heifers for two years. So if these bulls make the grade during Bull testing every year, don't get injured or die. We will have used them 4 years. These bulls most likely will not be used on public lands and co-mingled with others. However close to 50% of the time they will be co-mingled on their last year we keep them.

We try not to use yearlings, because our country is tough on them. However sometimes we do, We don't mix yearlings with older bulls, as we end up with too many injury's or death of the younger bulls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)