AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of the Methodist Church?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaCenturyFarm
Posted 11/19/2018 08:40 (#7114523 - in reply to #7112167)
Subject: RE: The future of the Methodist Church?

There were two kids around my age in school who were very obviously different from the rest of the boys from a very early age. They were shy, soft-spoken, effeminate, and more into traditionally feminine things like baking, sewing, etc., even though their dads are stereotypical Busch Light drinking, deer hunting, truck driving manly men - also Christian conservatives and very strict parents.

I can very clearly remember being in middle school and hearing both kids and adults(!) call these 8-9 year old boys gay, along with some rather crude nicknames that unfortunately stuck. This was well before the age the kids themselves should or would have had any real sense of sexuality. Guess what, they’re both gay today.

Point being, many of the same adults who pronounced these kids as gay long before they should have even known what that word means would be the first ones to cast them out of their church. Were they born gay or did everyone else telling them they were push them that direction? If it’s the latter, the supposedly Christian adults involved here should bear just as much responsibility for their sins as the boys themselves.

And you wonder why many younger folks have moved away from the church? Too many of them are full of hypocrites. If you’re going to call out the gay folks you better not be afraid to call out your neighbor the habitual liar or your married friend who always flirts with waitresses. But that’s a lot harder to do because they’re your friends and just like you. They’re not “others.” Maybe the answer is to be inclusive and focus on saving souls instead of making more rules. Doesn’t mean it’s a free-for-all but preaching only on the sins of people who aren’t attending anyway doesn’t seem to be real productive.

And before the morons from TPP chime in, I’m a Christian and registered Republican.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)