AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of the Methodist Church?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 11/18/2018 20:49 (#7113922 - in reply to #7113801)
Subject: RE: The future of the Methodist Church?

C IL
Well, I’d suggest you verify it before taking it as the absolute unvarnished facts. I think I heard that from one of the delegates to last year’s general conference, but you know how the game of telephone works. I’m pretty sure it was ordaining a bishop and not just a minister that finally brought this issue to a head.

It’s a tough position for the church to be in, for sure.

My wife has a gay friend who was a couple years into the seminary and lost both parents in a short time when everything came to a head and he realized his orientation. A great guy and a wonderful kind man with a compassionate heart to serve others. A modern gentleman, Gracious and dignified in his interactions with all. He stepped away from the seminary (not a Methodist seminary, not that it matters) and is trying to figure it all out. I haven’t spoken with him much since that time, but I know it was very overwhelming for him for a while.

It requires one to strive for great clarity and precision of thought when you see an issue like that playing out for someone close to you. To read and hold tightly to what one believes is true and just and right and holy. To State and maintain your position with grace and dignity and compassion. Etc.

So ... I just figure there will be fireworks in STL and every shade of grey of position and lots of frustrated, fearful, passionate people. and I figure the church splits. TBD.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)