AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of the Methodist Church?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 11/18/2018 09:13 (#7112494 - in reply to #7112414)
Subject: RE: The future of the Methodist Church?

North Central Illinois
It seems that smaller traditional churches were really starting to struggle before the LGBT thing came along several years ago. This is kind of the final nail in the coffin for a lot of them. Too much controversy and no room for compromise is splitting a lot of churches and forcing younger folks away. Going back as far as 20 years ago non denominational churches with a contemporary format were starting to take hold. These churches have been appealing to many young folks and these are the churches that have grown while traditional churches suffer. I don't totally disagree with those that refer to these churches as "Feel Good Religion" with no consequences but also feel there are some of these churches that are doing a great job and still bring the message of Christ to people but reaching them in a much different way than those of us in traditional churches. Sometimes I can't help but think that if Jesus were walking among today he would be totally stoked about some of these more progressive and contemporary churches. I could see him strolling into a church of young folks and really embracing their enthusiasm while not condemning their short comings or their straying from what we have been taught from the Bible. It is kind of fun to think about really! At any rate I think I need to be much more in tune with what my own shortcomings are than to judge those whom I or my denomination think are not worthy to teach or be married in the church.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)