AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of the Methodist Church?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Suey
Posted 11/18/2018 08:42 (#7112414 - in reply to #7112167)
Subject: RE: The future of the Methodist Church?

WCIL

When the Presbyterian Church  took the progressive approach  our small town church voted to  leave the Presbytery.  Overall,  I don't think it has worked out too well.   We started by loosing  2 younger couples  with children... we needed them.    We seem to have a reputation as an unwelcoming church now.   Young  people who did not grow up in our church  are  not willing to enter the church.   We are not against   LGBT  attending and joining our church  but not in favor of them having  leadership  in our church.    Small town/church  dynamics  are dividing our church right now.    We are dying  again.     It is very hard to for the same  people to do all the work which includes  reaching out to the people of our community while  still trying to maintain  church programs. 

All have sinned and come  short of the glory of God.

All sins are wrong.   We here on the earth have decided to rate which are worse.   But,  to covet  is just as bad as killing to God.  

Both my husband and I have cousins who are homosexual.   They are all good people.   I don't want them and their children banned from attending a church and learning about God.   Not that long ago  teenage pregnancy,  living together and divorce  were reasons for people to be kicked out of church.     We can love and welcome the sinner while  hating the sin. 

Maybe  all organized  churches  will end up dying    But,  then who will educate and provide support for the clergy?  . 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)