AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CRP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

swampdoc
Posted 7/9/2018 17:59 (#6859453 - in reply to #6859419)
Subject: RE: CRP Rant

Well Curt, you're kinda driving all over the place there. First, you don't know me, so you don't know if I spend money locally or not (I sure try hard). We have 2 locally owned feed mills, support them both. Locally owned lumber yard, there too. Local tire shops and small tractor dealers, support them all. Can't stand Walmart, and about has to be a last resort before I go in,,,so don't judge me, I basically like what I see in the mirror.Your examples have less to do with how people spend their money, than with how corporate America makes decisions. Maybe the OP is upset about not renting the land, but you missed the point again (or choose to ignore it) that BShannon made, that the decision was a govt one made far far away by some unknowing bureaucrat. And lastly, yeah I'm one of those bleeding hearts that thinks farmland is special,,,it's not just an investment,,,it's an investment in our families and their future, and the future of production Ag as we know it. Get Govt out of Ag altogether would be great,,,,no CRP, no crop insurance, I know, I'm dreaming again while I'm standing looking in the mirror
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)