AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dairy program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ohiodairy
Posted 12/15/2017 18:01 (#6431605 - in reply to #6430342)
Subject: RE: dairy program

I signed up originally and bought up coverage to $6 every year including for 2018. I looked at it as an insurance program from the start, never expected any payment and don't want any payment. I think it paid me once in summer of 2015, covered about half of my premium. I don't know anything about LGM never looked into it either, so can't comment on that. Don't understand people calling the MMP program worthless because they didn't receive any money. I don't think they are upset they haven't received any money from their home insurance because their home didn't burn down, or from their car insurance because they didn't get in any wrecks, or their health insurance because they didn't get sick to meet their deductibles. Insurance is meant to make you whole in case of a catastrophic event that would put you in financial hardship, not increase your standard of living. I hate to break it to people but the Milk Market has not been catastrophic in the past 5 years. Insurance is something you pay so you sleep good at night, which this program has done for me. I think a lot of people don't like it because they got used to direct payments, and this isn't that. Which I like, less government handouts is a good thing in my mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)