AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dont forget the small guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sekansasan
Posted 8/25/2017 21:36 (#6210367 - in reply to #6210092)
Subject: RE: Dont forget the small guys

Kansas
coyotehunter - 8/25/2017 19:36

gleaner
nemaha co is poor, parts of marshal and riley are poor but around manhattan is excellent, from 75 hwy east is good again, SE ks in areas i run through will have better corn this year than last. right in our area i think its just as good if not a tick better than last. i think as an avg ks is same

In the scheme of things around Manhattan is a drop of a bucket compared to Marshall or Nemaha county. Your talking 250,000 acres of corn between Nemaha and Marshall. Pot county has a total of 40000 last year. Wabaunsee 25k, Morris 21k, Geary 11k. So 97000 acres around Manhattan that might be just as good as last year. How is that giong to offset 250000 of higher yielding ground that is going to be 50-60 bu below last year at least. I know Brown and Doniphan counties have decent to good corn but I don't think it is as good as years past might be down 10 bu or more.

Southeast Kansas. I'm starting to think Wilson and Montgomery will be below 100 bu average this year. Lots of 140s in Wilson county last year. I've been in labette county and I don't think it is as good as last year. Haven't been in Cherokee or Crawford much but hearing early yield reports that don't sound good at all compared to last few years. That covers most of SE KS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)