AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you know...chart questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 6/4/2017 14:32 (#6053780 - in reply to #6053197)
Subject: RE: How do you know...chart questions

Frytown, Iowa

what are you doing? hedging or trading? if hedging, it needs to be in a profitable zone with what you feel comfortable with.

trading... you always go with your read... your read is a statistic and you will only get your statistics correct if you always consistently follow your read. the only way you will know if your read was right or not is to use a stop. a stop should always be hidden behind buyers and sellers... 

use statistics of your read to make money... quit trying to be right all the time and don't beat yourself up when your wrong... 30% correct read will make you plenty of money. 20% correct will need some better risk/rewards but still can make you money...

the posters on here that tout how right they are all the time (I've fallen into that category) are missleading others. because they don't use stops they appear to be right more often than what they really are.

the summary of my thoughts are: use statistics to make you money. the only way to do that is to be consistent and follow your rules you have set. it is really hard to make money trading and I would bet there are less than .00005% of posters on this site that are capable of that without dumb luck.

be honest with yourself and keep records of your trades for statistics... its the only way to trade... by beating the odds

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)