AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1234.....ICE raid today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Archery dog
Posted 2/12/2017 20:58 (#5835830 - in reply to #5835593)
Subject: RE: 1234.....ICE raid today

Schochoh Ky
Mjh01 welcome to the conversation, we advertise in five papers across Kentucky and Tennessee for workers. They make 10.92 an hour tax free, free housing , free transportation all season , where ever they want to go within reason , and an average of a 1000 dollars each for travel and subsistance pay while traveling .We purchase a top hog every year and they deep fry it , have hamburger cookout s for them and they always eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family.plus at least half will call needing money for Christmas and we send it. They are my extended family .We have never had a single person apply for a job harvesting tobacco. Most locals think they are too good . Before h2a for us , it was working an average of 25 men a day , starting and stopping anytime they liked and asking to be paid . Some would work as little as 15 minuets and ask you to stop your work and pay them so they could hit the road , hitch hike to town and buy a half pint.I would love to hire 10 Americans full time in tobacco , truth is , probably not 10 Americans in the whole state of Kentucky to hire .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)