AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What can ordinary people do to bring back American greatness fixing What has changed. People, compa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nearus
Posted 11/30/2016 18:41 (#5667317 - in reply to #5665940)
Subject: RE: What can ordinary people do to bring back American greatness fixing What has changed. People, c

North Arkansas
It's hard to answer this question without being political. I agree with those that say education is the key. Schools need guidelines but shouldn't be told what to teach by someone 2000 miles away. The 3 R's is basic as well as all the technology that a school can afford and don't forget the importance of civics class. There are other things that differ. What is taught in rural Arkansas may be different than what needs to be taught in urban NYC. Rural kids need some exposure to what city life is like and city kids need to know the importance of agriculture to their daily needs.
Schools need to get back in the education business and get out of the entertainment and sports business. Spending more on sports than academics is just wrong IMO. Getting families involved in the kids education is a challenge. When I helped my kids with their homework there were many times that I learned as much as they did. I was also made aware of what the schools were teaching.
People need to educate themselves on how our country works. The constitution is one of the most misquoted and misunderstood documents in history. It was designed to work for everyone if it's used properly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)