AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is school teachers doing a good job for the past and future generations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 11/24/2016 09:02 (#5654282 - in reply to #5654089)
Subject: RE: Is school teachers doing a good job for the past and future generations

C IL
Who wouldn't think their beliefs are better than others' beliefs? You apparently do. To think otherwise is naive.

For me, I'd like to scratch this itch one more time.

I believe you can lead a moral life without religion. I don't believe we are angling to end up in the same place afterwards. I could be your neighbor and I think we could get along fine, and possibly even be good friends over time.

There was a big event that happened about two-thirds of the way through the Bible that changed the law, and Jewish law was succeeded by Christian beliefs. Belaboring the point about Jewish law that quit applying to the Christian belief system 2000 years ago (or was utilized through an inaccurate application) shows that you are not terribly well informed about Christianity. Which is fine by me, if you could quit doubling down on your inaccurate statements. To shackle others to some actions they did not control, and may not approve of, and aren't reflective of their beliefs, is antagonistic and antisocial.

I agree that many have done wrong, and continue to do wrong, by themselves, their neighbors, and humanity despite their best efforts and regardless of their creed. Yours and mine included.

I am sorry if you feel persecuted for your belief system. I am glad you and I live in countries where we can exercise those rights. I hope you can begin to feel more comfortable with your belief system.

I hope you have a great day, because I intend to do so and enjoy our US Thanksgiving. It's a wonderful day here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)